Our reservation at Moriah Harbour ended today but we had to wait until high tide to get out. We made the most of the morning, We went to the overlook trail that we had not tried and hiked it. No one had been up there for a while and someone had made a net across the trail.




Then we explored Moss Cay Beach which was lovely. As the tide was coming in, we went through the shallow cut to the beach. We could have walked from the inside mangrove beach over. We noticed coral in the cut and after the beach, decided to drift through snorkeling. There was a little coral and some small fish.

After we returned to the boat, I went for a paddleboard and saw a starfish. I then snorkeled near the boat where we had seen them before but did not find them.
Boats were coming in to the area. Where we had only two to three other boats the days we were there, now the mooring field was filling. They were coming to ride out the upcoming bad weather. We thought about trying to stay but decided to return to our mooring in Sand Dollar and make a trip to town. It is about a mile further to town from this mooring area and Brown’s marine, which is closer, does not have water except in small bottles.
We are expecting strong winds from the northeast for the next few days followed by a severe storm with west winds on the weekend. We would be fine at Sand dollar for the northeast winds and we will make a plan for the westerlies.
We made our way out of the second mooring field crossing the shallow area where we had 2.5 inches below our keel. The bottom is so soft there that it is safe to be close. We got back to our old mooring, tied up and headed to town. We got groceries, water and did a load of laundry. We got back in time for a beach cocktail at Baymahni.
